09 February 2006

Two Memes in One Post Before a Flight

We're heading East to visit my father-in-law, so not much blogging until Monday or so. So let me leave a meme for the moment. First, Blogfriend Meme-ry via Another Dammed Medievalist:
If there is someone on your blogroll who makes your world a better place just because that person exists and who you would not have met (in real life or not) without the internet, then post this same sentence on your blog.
No naming names (since, a la the discussion at Pilgrim/Heretics--which I commented on! and it was just as fun as several of you assured me it would be--it's tacky to name names when so many folks are deserving. Let's just say I'm grateful for all my blog buddies who make me think about teaching, adoption, parenting, the world.

And if anyone wants to play some music and imagine me, think french horn, apparently:
via Phantom and PPB and Jody:
You scored as French Horn. French Horn, eh?
go practice. right now.

French Horn


83%

Oboe


75%

Viola


67%

Cello


58%

trombone


58%

Violin


50%

Flute


50%

Bassoon


50%

Clarinet


42%

Tuba


33%

String Bass


33%

Trumpet


17%

Percussion


0%

If you were in an orchestra, what instrument would match your personality?
created with QuizFarm.com

In real life, I'm a pianist, but I do like French horns. But I don't think I'm that deep and luxurious in my delivery.

Anyway, see you all next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have Fun!

Anonymous said...

Have a good visit and a safe flight!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Yes, have a nice trip. And come back soon.

Hey, you'll be very surprised to know that I ended up a french damn horn too.