- Politica will be at a coastal university for several months in early 2008. She's getting ready for that. I'm in denial that she's actually going anywhere. I like having her home. I'm excited about the professional opportunities at Coastal U, but still, I like having her home.
- Because she'll be elswhere for a while in 2008, I decided it was good to do all my teaching this fall semester. It seemed like a good idea when I made the schedule. It's not such a good idea now that I'm doing it. Lots more people are teaching more classes than I am right now, but chairing a large department and teaching more than I did last year in a single semester? Not always so fun.
- I am trying to finish two papers this semester. I am trying to learn what I can from the incredibly productive new colleague we just hired, who has the most relaxed manners, longest cv, and most involvement with organized kids' activities of any of my professional acquaintances.
- So far, I have not been late on anything this semester. I may not be getting quite enough sleep, and I may not have much done early, but I am not being late.
- I am off to a conference next week, a conference a little out of my usual field, giving a paper. That is scary-exciting.
- I miss my blog.
- So, nu?
08 October 2007
I'm celebrating Delurking Day, late, by delurking on my own blog! Herewith, random bullets of delurking: