03 February 2008

More Things You Missed in Sunday School

We interrupt the Super Goal to bring you the latest in creative retellings of Biblical material.

The scene: the stair landing, with Curious Girl coming down from upstairs. I had sent her to get the animal or doll she wanted to sleep with while I went downstairs to get the new book she'd gotten as a yay! baby! gift at the Super Goal/Welcome Baby party we'd been to earlier. I'm coming back up, and she's just arrived on the landing.

CG: Look, Mama! I've got her! Baby Miriam! (she strokes her Baby Miriam doll, which is a doll that came with a Moses basket, except that we call it a Miriam basket, since it holds her Baby Miriam).

Me: Hi, Baby Miriam!

CG, gesturing with her hands: Mama, this can be the water, and the basket it in it, and I find her! She smooths the water and puts the basket in the water. Oh, look, a baby! It's crying. Baby, it's OK. I'll take care of you. And she picks up the basket and takes the baby upstairs. Baby Miriam, it's OK. You're going to be a baby forever, and I'll take care of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like that variation!

Anonymous said...

works for me.

elswhere said...

Miriam is the Baby of the World!

jo(e) said...

She's so cute.

Liz Miller said...

Sweet!!!

landismom said...

Very nice!