- In an MTV interview, Barack Obama was asked directly whether he supports Proposition 8. He doesn't.
- Pam's House Blend has a good analysis of the Democratic politics on marriage equality in general and this election cycle in particular.
- And no one but Lesbian Dad could see--brilliantly!--the political inspiration in 101 Dalmations. All dog alert, indeed.
- If you have friends voting in California--or if you are voting in California--please do your best to make sure people know which way to vote on 8.
Here is the latest video from No on 8:
Here's what No on 8 says about their latest ad:
Everyone you know needs to see this video. Use our easy spread the word tool to blast your contact list.
Over these past few months, I know I’ve asked a lot of you. You have sacrificed so much—your time and your money. And you have responded so incredibly, building the largest grassroots movement to defeat an anti-equality ballot measure in history.
If there is one last thing you do (before voting NO on 8 of course) it’s to take 30 seconds to watch this video and make sure everyone you know votes no.
• Donations in California still matter. Given the fact that Obama's MTV interview (which does state his opposition to Prop 8) also hands the other side a nice sound bite about his opposition to marriage, ads will continue to be important. Those of us outside of California can continue to write, and continue to give.
Now, time to get the work week started. Happy Monday, all.